Friday 12 October 2007

Moan and Arty Girlz challenge # 4

Decide to have a go at the Arty Girlz Sketch in an attempt to cheer myself up. I have had a bit of a bad time of late. Nothing major. Just my diabetes is running a little high. I need to lose weight. I have to travel 20 miles to work, at the moment i have a car parking permit which looks like i will not be able to keep. So that means i will have to travel by public transport which will mean a 3 hour travel time every day i work and £28 pounds a week in train costs. I will need to use my car to get to the train station, so will still have those travel costs. I posted my current cj on the 1st of october and it still as not arrived, despite it been sent recorded delivery they are unable to tell me where it is. Oh and i submitted some cards for a design team place which i have failed to be selected. I would love to be in a design team. Anyway maybe one day.
So on with this card.
You had to create a card without using anything sticky.
I used basic grey papers and machine stitched around them. That was a first for me. to machine stitch. I have done a lot of hand stitching, but since the sewing machine was out i thought i would give it a shot. Not sure i got the tension right but at least it is holding the paper to the card.
Used eyelets and ribbons to hold the buttons on.
The brads to hold the name plate on.
Stamps used are from the Blonde Moments xmas range of stamps.

6 comments:

Crissi Harvey said...

wow Stunning card love the BG papers great stitching.
Thanks for sharing and joining in the Arty Girlz challenge.
Crissi XX

P.s i hope you get all you travel plans sorted what a nightmare

Julie Allain said...

Oh WOW This is FAB!!!

I love the colours the stitching............everything....you rose to the challenge brilliantly :)

Hope to see you at next weeks challenge ;)

Paula J Atkinson said...

This is beautiful.Gorgeous use of those papers.

I know how you feel I have been ill for 6 months & just when I thought things were improving, I get ill again!

Andrea, said...

Great card, i love how you have attached the pieces. I hope you mange to sort your travel problems out.

Claudette said...

Great layout...this really caught my eye.

Anonymous said...

love this card Jackie - you may tempt me to get out the machine!!

janet x