Wednesday 14 November 2007

Arty Girlz Heart Challenge

Had an email from my beloved nephew who is out in afhganistan. He is feeling low at the moment. They had a resent death in his platoon. Very sad. I have sent out a tin of Hero's chocolates for them all. Hope they arrive o.k. I have sent him an email as well to try to support him. It is difficult knowing what to say to help lift him.
When i went to the post office today the lady behind the counter told me that the parcels will only be free until the 7th of December. Strange time to stop, i was planning on sending him one at lease once a week in the run up to xmas. I also have my nieces husband out there, so i am sending to two at the moment. I can not wait until they are both safe and sound back home. Any idea's of what i could send them to cheer them up and try to have at least some nice xmas experience, please let me know.
Managed to do the Arty Girlz challenge this week. The papers are the new range from Blonde Moments. There is a link in my 'were i shop' section to the right. I did a lo using these papers which you can not see as i have entered it in the scrapbooker of the year contest. So i decide to use up the scraps. I have lots and lots of scraps. I will have to try to use more of them. Or would any of you like them????!!!

Takecare

8 comments:

Crissi Harvey said...

Aw gorgeous card love the modern papers and the heart.
I cant believe the postage thing is being stoped on the 7th of Dec i think it's awful what a stupid time to stop the parcels being sent free on the run up to christmas, (should be free all the time) better get off me soap box, LOL
Thanks for joining in the Arty Girlz challenges
crissi xx

Andrea, said...

Great card, those papers are fab. How mean is that stopping the free postage then just when they know people will be sending more parcels

Julie Allain said...

Lovely card

Lets hope you're nephew is home soon I'm sure he will enjoy the chocolates ;)

Thanks for joining in with Arty Girlz :) xx

Deb said...

Very pretty card, lovely papers, your layout must be fab!
Sorry to hear your nephew is having a tough time, I am sure the choccies will cheer him!

Anonymous said...

Lovely Card.

Rosie said...

Lovely card mate... and that's just typical re: Parcels isn't it? They could just make an exception this year couldn't they? *grrrrr*

Unknown said...

What a super Auntie sending so many parcels and what a shame the free postage is stopping :(

Love these new papers too and especially what you have done with them x

Simply Shaz said...

what a fabby card:) Love it!!!